1. What is Hebel AAC?
2. How long has HEBEL AAC been around?
The technology of producing building blocks from the natural raw materials quartz sand and lime has been around since the end of the 1800's. Around 1900, the process was improved by adding steam curing. This was the beginning of Hebel Autoclaved Aerated Concrete. Although HEBEL AAC was already being produced at the beginning of last century, improvements in the manufacturing process have led to the superior HEBEL AAC we know today.
3. What are some of the benefits of HEBEL AAC?
4. What is the Hebel Building System?
5. How do I obtain information on Hebel AAC and the Hebel Building System?
Technical and design information as well as general information on Hebel AAC and the Hebel Building System can be viewed, downloaded and printed from our web site. Additional information can be obtained from our main office in the United States located in San Antonio, Texas by calling our toll free number at 1 877 41 HEBEL (1 877 41 43235) or via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Do you have a list of architects, engineers, contractors, installers, etc. familiar with Hebel AAC construction that I can contact?
7. What kind of fire resistance values does Hebel AAC provide and where can I find this information?
Up to a four-hour Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL) fire rating can be achieved. For detail information please refer to our web site. Actual UL fire test reports can be viewed, downloaded and printed from our web site
8. Are there any safety precautions I need to be aware when handling and cutting Hebel AAC?
Dust masks and eye protection must be used when cutting Hebel AAC or during any other dust generating operation. Dust could also irritate unprotected skin therefore the use of gloves and long sleeved clothes is recommended. Refer to Hebel Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for more information. Please also check with Hebel Technical Department before cutting or modifying in any way Hebel AAC reinforced products like floor, roof and wall panels
9. Can I install Hebel AAC masonry units in cold weather?
10. What are the typical installation tolerances on the installation of Hebel AAC masonry units?
Maximum variation in linear building line from location indicated: 1/4" in 20'-0".
11. Do I need to waterproof Hebel AAC?
Yes. A finish coat of a breathable stucco and paint needs to be applied. For more information on approved finishes please refer to our web site for links to the manufacturers.